Carpet furniture dents are a problem that many people face whose living area is completely covered with carpet and they have to place their furniture over it. When heavy furniture is over the surface of the carpet, it will leave dents or impressions on areas that it encounters. These dents can become hard over the course of time due to the continuous application of furniture weight. During normal use, these dents do not cause a notable problem because they are hidden under the furniture due to which they do not affect the general outlook. However, in case there is a need toshift carpet to another place then people have to deal with dents problem because the setting of the furniture might not match. On the other hand, carpet furniture dents will give an uninviting look to the observers.
Therefore, it is important to perform a restoration process in order to remove carpet furniture dents and restore the original look of the carpet. In this article, we will explain the process with the help of which people will be able to remove carpet furniture dents on their own without requiring any professional help. Similarly, it will also enable people to make the most of their carpet and eliminate the need for purchasing new carpet.
Necessary precautions to reduce the effect of furniture on a carpet
Furniture dents are inevitable since the weight of the furniture is bound to leave impressions on the carpet in case it stays there for a longer period. However, below we will discuss some of the common measures that people can follow in order to reduce the gravity of the problem and make it more convenient to perform the restoration process. Some of the precautions that people can follow are as below:
- We recommend using a carpet pad underneath the carpet in order to absorb the weight of the furniture and prevent it from leaving hard impressions.
- It is helpful to change the position of the carpet regularly in order to prevent it from leaving hard impressions at a particular area of the carpet.
- Furniture cups and gliders are available in the market that can be placed underneath the area of the furniture that comes in contact with the carpet. They will prevent furniture from leaving hard impressions.
- We recommend using carpets with shorter fibers because they are easy to restore.
Steps involved in the process to remove furniture dents
Steps involved in the process to remove carpet furniture dents are as follows:
- In the first step, remove furniture from the surface of the carpet in order to initiate the restoration process.
- Now, place an absorbent material underneath the area where the restoration process has to be performed. It will help protect the floor during the process.
- Now, place ice cubes on areas where furniture dents are present in order to restore the firmness. Carpet fibers will absorb cold water and regain their original shape after a few hours. This process can also be performed using steam in case proper equipment is available.
- Let the ice cubes melt for an appropriate period until the carpet fibers regain their firmness.
- Now, let the area dry for a few hours before using the carpet again. Also know more about how to effectively perform the grout cleaning process here.